The original plan was to exhibit at the UK Games Expo’s Birmingham extravaganza for the first time this year. However, the new plan, for obvious reasons (cough cough), is to take to the internet and attend the UK Games Expo’s Virtually Expo instead. An entirely digital event about analogue board games, fit for the pandemic age. The Virtually Expo is entirely free to attend and will hopefully tide you over until physical conventions can reopen. We look forward to welcoming you to our stand in cyberspace on the 21st to 23rd of this month (August).
We’re hard at work preparing Tabletop Simulator and Tabletopia versions of Circulari, ready for you to digitally demo. Here are a few things you can do to get ready too:
- Make sure you have UK Games Expo and Discord accounts created and linked together. Discord provides a chat platform for communicating with exhibitors and other attendees. You can join the Ruined Sky Games chat server too.
- Consider purchasing a copy of Tabletop Simulator if you don’t already own it. Tabletop Simulator provides a 3D virtual sandbox for playing board games online. You’ll need this to take part in some games.
- Create a free Tabletopia account. Tabletopia also provides a 3D virtual sandbox, but is entirely browser based. You’ll need this to take part in some games.
- Check out our Saturday and Sunday live demo events and add them to your Virtually Expo Schedule so you don’t forget ;-).
We’ll be streaming live demos on our brand new Twitch channel during the Expo. You’re free to just watch, but there will opportunities to play too!
We aim to regularly start a new demo at 15 minutes past the hour. We’ll be playing a truncated version with a point handicap so that, given some time for rules explanations and technology wrangling, we should be able to fit a petite but complete experience into about 45 minutes. A taste of Circulari! Here’s how to take part:
- Install Tabletop Simulator and/or create a free Tabletopia account.
- Join our Discord server and check out the #demo-events channel.
- Sign up to an available time slot by clicking on the green tick icon. Make sure to check whether Tabletop Simulator or Tabletopia will used during that slot.
- When the appointed time arrives, you’ll be invited to join a Discord voice channel for communication and connect to the game. The game will be streamed live on our Twitch channel.
See you there!